The process of retiring and re-locating to SPAIN is very simple:

The First Step: To decide on which area of Spain you prefer. With our portfolio of Residential Style Mobile Homes, Retirement Parks, we can help you to find your ideal Park location.

The Second Step: To visit the chosen Retirement Parks in Spain. We provide a hassle free service on our Inspection Trips At your convenience we will show you the retirement park/s you have selected in Spain and the surrounding areas. At the end of the visit if you have found your ideal location It is possible if you wish, to reserve a plot and this can be done for as little as £500.

The Third Step: We have found that many of our retiring clients know which home they would like. If you are not sure of which model of mobile home would suit you best, we will look at your budget and make suggestions, if you prefer we can arrange visits to a particular manufacturer of mobile homes.

The Final Step: Simply place the order for your dream home with us and pay the relevant deposit. At this point, we will give you an approximate delivery time, which generally is from 6 weeks onwards.Then just sit back, relax and leave the rest to us.

Our aim is to provide you with the best service possible in relocating and retiring to Spain on one of the best Residential Mobile Home, Retirement Parks.

To enable our clients to see the various models in depth, we list below our chosen Manufacturers and by clicking on their website address you will be taken to their website. This will give you the opportunity to browse at your leisure and research all the factors you need to know about each company and their mobile homes and park homes and we hope that you will find your dream mobile home or park home for Spain.


ABI- manufacturers of Retirement Mobile Homes & Park Home for sale in Spain

The range of family holiday homes. Innovative design and meticulous craftmanship.

ATLAS HOLIDAY HOMES- manufacturers of Retirement Mobile Homes & Park Homes for sale in Spain

Atlas prides itself o­n manufacturing quality holiday homes for discerning purchasers. Each model is designed with the customer in mind; created to fit their lifestyle, their needs and their budget. From comfortable, fine furniture and contemporary fabrics to carefully selected components, Atlas' attention to detail is second to none.

BK BLUEBIRD- manufacturers of Retirement Mobile Homes & Park Homes for sale in Spain

Manufacturers of holiday homes to the highest quality whilst remaining competitive in the marketplace.

CARNABY CARAVANS - manufacturers of Holiday Retiremnet homes for sale in Spain

EUROPA CARAVANS - Manufacturers of Holiday Retirement homes for sale in Spain

SWIFT HOLIDAY HOMES- Manufacturers of Retirement Mobile Homes for sale in Spain

WILLERBY HOMES- manufacturers of Retirement Mobile Homes, Park Homes and Leisure Lodges in Spain.

First for quality, style and choice Willerby is the recognised market leader in every sense of the word. Since the 1940's we have pioneered the way in holiday home design, evolving the humble caravan to the luxury, comfort and style comprising our current collection of 'Next Generation' holiday homes.

We have some superb Residential style Parks ideal for Retirement. It is worth noting that Parks slightly inland are much cheaper as far as Rents etc are concerned. The actual cost of living is much cheaper too.

We list below some useful information about retirement in Spain:

Once you reach this stage of life it is time to reflect on the past and think of what fantastic possibilities could be waiting for you in Spain.

After years of hard work and worries, surely now is the time to make it YOUR time. Now is the time to fulfil your dreams and live in paradise.

We have superb CHEAP MOBILE AND PARK HOMES available for transportation and siting at any of our Residential Style, Retirement Parks in Spain.

The UK is without a doubt one of the most expensive countries in which to live. Therefore unless you are one of the lucky few, trying to live on a pension proves to be very difficult. Sources of enjoyment can be prohibitive, cost  wise and even trying to keep warm in winter can be a challenge. That is why so many people have left England, to live a healthier, happier, affordable, life in Spain.

It is apparent that in the UK, pensioners come at the bottom of the list as far as the government is concerned. If you feel justifiably annoyed, frustrated and taken advantage of, then why not take action, say enough is enough! Come and join millions of British Residents now enjoying a new life, full of vitality , spirit and affordable living on our Residential Style, Retirement Parks.


You may well be wondering if you will be able to receive your UK pension when you are in Spain? Well briefly the answer is YES, but we have provided two official UK Government links for you to have a good read through at your leisure.


Before moving to Spain you should obtain the new European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
Application forms are available either at the Post Office, or at the UK Department of Health Website.
A EHIC will cover you for emergency Healthcare treatment in Spain. It is really for tourists, but will ensure that you do not end up having to pay for treatment during your first few months in Spain. It will not cover you for most types of non-urgent treatment, such as, for ongoing conditions. If you are planning to retire to Spain then you will be entitiled to 2 years worth of healthcare, but see THE DEPARTMENT FOR WORKS AND PENSIONS for details.
With the forms you get from the DWP you still need to get registered at the offices of the Spanish SEGURIDAD SOCIAL. This process can take some time.
There are many private healthcare schemes in Spain, but please check out what exactley is covered.
The Spanish Healthcare system is very good. Most hopsitals are modern and well equipped and the doctors are excellent. The Spanish nurses are well trained and effecient but do not always carry out peronal care and feeding, as this sometimes falls on the family to do. However all hospitals allow one companion to be with the patient 24 hours a day.

Many medicines that are prescription only in the Uk are available over the counter in chemists shops in Spain. If you are registered for free healthcare under Spanish social security, you can get medicines you need ,on prescription for a 60% discount, or for nothing if you are a pensioner.


You will be dealing with Euros instead of pounds, but do not worry, one soon becomes used to it.
The Spanish Banks are simple to use and will accept credit/debit cards at their ATM's.
There are British Banks like Barclays and Halifax etc to be found in some places, but the Spanish Banks are very helpful.


Many people in Spain manage without learning the language, but, you would experience a good inner feeling if you could speak some.
There are many opportunities to grasp the language, including classes or courses and it does not take long just to pick up the basics.


You can take your car to Spain from the UK, as long as you have owned it for at least 6 months prior to moving. You can not sell , rent out, or transfer a car that has been imported tax free and duty free for 12 months once in Spain. You must hand in your British registration documents to the DVLA and obtain a certificate of permanent export. The DVLA can advise you on this relatively simple process.

You will need a standardisation certificate (ficha reducida) which can be obtained from any licensed Spanish engineer.
The following taxes must be paid:

1) VAT (IVA) on a tax free car (on which VAT has not been paid) imported from the UK
2) Registration tax (impuesto sobre circulacion de vehiculos) on the vehicles current value (based on the original market price in Spain). However you do not need to pay this tax if you are to be a permanent resident in Spain and have imported a vehicle on which you have already paid the VAT. Non- residents, can bring their car from the UK to Spain without paying Spanish taxes, but you can only drive the car in Spain for 6 months in any year -.which is the duration non-residents can remain in the country.
The car must be taxed in the country of registration. The paperwork for importing a car is easier than it used to be, but many people still hire a gestor to sort it out for them.


Whether you import a car into the country, or buy a car in Spain, you need to register it at the local provincial traffic department (Jefatura de Trafico de Malaga)
If you are a permanent resident in Spain, you must obtain Spanish registration plates once you have imported the car. To do that you will need:-

1) Your residence card and photocopy
2) Current foreign driving licence and photocopy
3) Registration number of your Spanish registered vehicle
4) One passport photograph
5) 16.20€, payable at the traffic department. (as of Dec07)


You are permitted to drive with a British or EU license in Spain for up to 6 months a year, as a non-resident. But you will need to take it to the local provincial traffic department to be stamped and registered.
If you intend to spend more than 6 months a year in Spain - and hence are a resident - you will need to obtain a Spanish license, with form TASA2.3 from the local provincial traffic department.
You MUST under Spanish Law, carry your driving license with you at all times.


All Spanish - registered vehicles must pay road tax. The amount is set by local municipalities and based on the power of the car. It can vary from 20-200€ per year. Malaga is one of the cheapest provinces to tax your car. You must pay your road tax between march and May. Contact your Local Town Hall for all the details.


Anyone who moves to Spain should apply for a NIE - a tax identification number, when they arrive. The relevant form can be obtained from the local Comisaria or Oficina de Extranjeros.
Your completed form must then be taken to the Oficiana de Extranjeros with a photocopy and two passport photos and a letter from the Park Owner of where you are living, stating that you live there. The Oficiana de Extranjeros will then give you a date as to when to pick up your NIE.


If you plan on retiring to Spain to live in a Mobile or Park Home you will need a Residence Card and you will need proof of a private health insurance scheme valid in Spain or the right to Spanish public healthcare treatment.

EU Nationals need:-
1) 3 Passport photos
2) A valid passport and a photocopy
3) A completed application form 037 for EU citizens from your local foreigners office (officiana de Etranjeros)



Running a home is much cheaper than in the UK
The British people are shocked at the lower cost of living.
The main essentials of food, drink, cigarettes, heating and clothing are cheaper in Spain. There is a very good selection of supermarkets, even supplying English items. The Spanish equivalent products can be just as good but cheaper. Fresh fish, fruit and vegetables are superior and much cheaper. Meat prices are generally, slightly cheaper and poultry is very cheap.


Eating out is very cheap.
All types of cuisine are catered for, especially in the tourist parts and cities. Hygiene standards are generally good.
People are often asked to be aware of eating seafood from the quieter restaurants and not to over indulge on the excellent inexpensive wines.
Do try the Spanish bars and Tapas as most of these are excellent.


After you have spent a period of relaxation and you have recharged your batteries you may feel that you want to do a little more than sunbathing, playing golf on one of the numerous golf courses, sightseeing walking etc etc, well there are numerous activities you can embark on.
The areas can be like mini England in terms of expat club activities and can range from bowles to tennis, cards to lonely hearts and dancing to sailing clubs and the list goes on and on.


Spain has the best climate in Europe and as many Brits have realised, that it should not be just enjoyed for 2 weeks a year and with that in mind have taken the plunge and bought a home.
A relaxed lifestyle, a fantastic climate, and a lower cost of living, are probably the three top reasons why so many are choosing to buy a place in Spain. It is only 2-3 hours flight to the UK with all cheap operators flying to numerous UK airports.

Due to the enormous size and geographical spread of Spain ranging from huge mounatainous regions to desert and coastal resorts, it is not surprising that there are large fluctuations in the weather. Within an hours journey one can leave the snow bound ski resorts outside Granada, to be sun bathing on the beaches of the Costa del Sol.
As most of the UK expats tend to head to the warmer Southern regions, it is here where we will concentrate our details.
Much warmer than the UK averaging around 16c daytime and 7c at night.
Inland areas can vary on these figures. All areas are subject to short but spectacular winter storms with heavy rainfall. The ground never stays boggy and soon dries up. Temperatures on the Costa del Sol regularly reach the mid twenties. Much of the plant & tree life remain in full bloom. Sun rises around 8am and sets around 6.30pm giving longer sunlight than in the UK.
The onset of Spring brings a warmer more settled spell, with temperatures averaging in the mid 20's. Many expats say this is the very best time of year - not too hot or cold.
Come June the weather is very settled and becoming very hot. Mid summer temperatures can top 40c and still be in the high 20's at night, although air conditioning overcomes this problem. It is advisable to drink lots of water to prevent dehydration.
Very similar to Spring but a little hotter. Swimming pools and the sea tend to be very pleasant and provides relief from the temperature.

All our Mobile and Park Home sites have been fully approved by the Spanish Authorities.
We provide luxury as standard and we offer new Mobile and Park homes from all major manufacturers.


Mobile Homes, Static Caravans, Leisure Homes, Park Homes for sale in Spain are supplied by




This site is hosted by COSTA DEL PARADISE.COM